Old 26-05-2003, 05:08 PM
Alison

Default 'Topiary' Copper Beech Tree??

Hmmm bit of an odd one. We have a two/three year old hedge of green beech
but one has turned out to be a copper beech (grumbled at nursery who have
supplied a replacement green one). It seems a shame to just chuck it but
there's nowhere in our garden where we can put it 'naturally' cos it will
get too big and then it will be even more of a shame to get rid of it. So
the question is... do you think it would be happy enough being contained in
a large pot and 'trimmed' into a nice shape? We're not talking serious
topiary here, just a control measure.

Thoughts?

--A