Old 26-05-2003, 06:56 PM
kevin bailey

Default [IBC] Plane travel with a bonsai

Ah, Iceland. One of my favourite places. I don't think that you should
have any problems on the flight, so long as you can take the Serissa on
as hand luggage. Check with the airline beforehand. I flew from Glasgow
last time and it was less than an hour, so I suppose your flight will be
a couple of hours.

What sort of accommodation will you have while there? I'd be more
worried about dry air in a Hotel room.

Good luck

Kev Bailey

Hello all,

I am going to Iceland for a month in August and wish to take my bonsai
(Serissa) with me (there is no one here I trust enough to look after her
and nurseries wish to charge me an arm and a leg). I have contacted both
Icelandic and French customs officials and there are no problems taking
her into both countries.

I would appreciate some advice on how to keep her happy during the
flight and what special precautions I should take before, during and
after (if any).

Thanks a lot.
Erin Johanson

---