Old 26-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Gail Futoran

Default A young rose that's never bloomed. Help?

"Ali" wrote in message
I'm pretty sure it isn't root stock. We never had roses in

this particular
bed, and it's unlike any rose we have so far. We've got an

Iceburg out
front, a pink which the name escapes me right now, and a

pink rugosa up in
the raised bed. This one's got abundant medium sized

leaves that are quite
tender, compared the others. I've had to thin out the

canes each year on
this unknown because it seems to get too leafy for it's

own good - poor air
flow and crossing canes.

Anyone have any suggestions, still? Is it possible for a

rose to not bloom?
And why?

Ali

Do you have a local nursery that might be
willing to try to identify the plant for you?
If there are a lot of leaves, surely it would be
worth cutting some off to show an expert.

Roses don't bloom for lots of reasons,
including seasonal - some roses bloom only
once per year - but if the other roses in your
bed are blooming it's probably not a cultural
(soil, food, water) problem.

Gail