Old 26-05-2003, 10:44 PM
J&K Copeland

Default How do I remove and replace the lawnmower blade?

"nospam" wrote in message

"Mike H" 1newsATstelliteDOTmailshellDOTcom wrote in message
Remove the wire from the spark plug first.

--
Mike H

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
In article , Brigitte J.
wrote:

When I try to turn the bolt, the blade turns with it. I'm sure

there's
simple way, but I haven't figured it out.

Hold the blade, then turn the bolt. If you can't hold the blade with a
gloved hand, block it from turning with a scrap piece of wood.

djb

--
"I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow..." -

Frank
Zappa

Yes, for God's sake disconnect that spark plug!

Somehow I was also wondering if that nut might be left-handed. I have a
Murray gas mower that I was going to pull the blade from and

sharpen/balance
the blade.

No, not likely. Lawnmowers blades are all made to "tighten" the bolt if
they slip any. Otherwise, the motor torque could possibly spin the
retaining bolt loose.

James...