Old 27-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Ann

Default Help! There's something wrong with my Peonies!!

arden (NAearthMOM) expounded:

are far more
common in wet springs.

Same ailment here. PLAnted a new peony (my first and only) in the fall.

Will the plant survive? I have removed the brownish parts. Thanks
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

My peonies aren't in the ideal location, each year I get a bit of the
botrytis. I carefully remove those parts and throw them in the trash
(not compost). It's been suggested to me my soil is too heavy, so
I've tried a sand mulch under them for this year, and so far so good.
It's certainly been damp out there. But your fleurs should be fine
)

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA