Old 27-05-2003, 05:44 AM
i_never_tan

Default grass clipping as mulch?

Hello, I hope you can advise me. I live in New England in the US.
My co-worker told me to put grass clippings around my cherry tomato
plants after I mow the lawn. I followed his advise, and let me tell
you it looks weird. He says the clippings will act as mulch and
prevent weeds. All I know, is I have a big patch of green. Would
this be harmful to my tomato plants? Last summer my tomatoes didn't
do too well. We had a terrible drought here in New England, and the
hot sun baked everything even though I watered. Thanks for any
advice. Nora