Old 27-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Zphysics1

Default cherry/grape tomatoe good for container garden?

hi everyone...
was wondering if anyone could offer a good cherry or grape tomatoe variety that
would be good for a deck/container garden?

thanks
betsey
-----
Reply:

Betsey,

Most of my tomatoes are in containers -- appox 5 gallon containers. As long as
you keep the tomatoes watered and well-fertilized, they will do fine. I have
started harvesting vine-ripe Cherokee Purple, Black Prince, Ghost, Stupice and
Jaune Flamme, Black Brandywine and tomatoes a for couple of weeks now.
Still waiting for Green Zebra and Juliette .
Even my zucchini, peppers, and cucumbers are in containers. I use earthworm
castings as a slow release fertilizer.

Good luck.

/z.