Old 27-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Plane travel with a bonsai

I took a Camelia from Taiwan to Geneva passing trough Hong kong it was spring 94

I let the bonsai without water 2-3 days the branches become flexibles I put
a plastic wrapping around
starting from the trunk and going up and compacted as much as I could packed
inside a carton box and than inside a wheeled luggage it was about 3 ft hegh
for 2 wide it stayed there one week without damage just 1 twig broken
of course the leaves of camelia are thicker and bigger .. and serissa hates to be
deplaced
It all depends how big is it .. and I always carried the luggage with me to keep it
standing
the bonsai survived very well for 5 years than after a repotting started dying
back
Theo

Jim Lewis wrote:

I would appreciate some advice on how to keep her happy during

the
flight and what special precautions I should take before,

during and
after (if any).

Whatever you do, after your trip please remember to tell us what
you did, and if you took her, how she traveled.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo