Old 27-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Tim B

Default Few strawberries; many runners

don't let everbearers send out runners, keep removing them.

"Zphysics1" wrote in message
Sigh!

So much for my ambitious plan to put in 50 bareroot strawberries.

25 Quinault, 25 Ft. Laramie, both everbearing; I relied on grower's
assurance of best taste; also curious; had never grown these before.

Got a few berries once plants had taken hold and were very healthy.

Then not much, but LOTS of runners in one of the varieties. I lost
track of which, dammit!

Went out and snipped runners; hope that will help.

Any comments; suggestions?

--
Reply:

You did right. Cut the runners off. You are in So Cal, right. The weather

has
been quirky. I suggest you also cut off the