Old 27-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Gene Schurg

Default Need Repotting

Curtis,

You did not say why you feel it needs repotting. If the plant is not in
danger because of rotting media then I would leave it bloom and enjoy the
flowers and then repot it. Orchids generally like to be in tight shoes.
Just because the pot does not match the size of the plant is not reason to
repot.

I have successfully repotted phals with spikes. Once the flower buds have
developed things get a bit trickier. You may lose one or all of the flower
buds and have a poor bloom if you repot now.

You have to decide if this is an emergency or whether you can wait a few
weeks.

Good Growing,
Gene

"TheBoss" wrote in message
I just bought my first Phal which clearly needs repotting but it has a
spike growing that is not yet fully developed. Should I repot it now
without removing the spike, or should I let it flower first or can
should I remove the spike and repot?

Regards
Curtis Parris