Old 27-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Lance R.

Default what the deer eat at my house

My two foot tall tomatoes didn't get touched for several weeks - now in the
past two nights almost all the leaves have been eaten from the tomato
plants.

We only have a few, and although I have plans to build a fence this year
around the back yard, I may build a temporary portable fence just to drop
around the few tomato plants.

Has anyone tried any of the other deer preventatives? I've read that you
can tie bar soap...but I've never tried that.

--
Lance

"Jane Peppler" wrote in message
Considering the fencing options...

Completely devoured:
Aronia (chokeberry)
Red mulberries
Bean plants
Hostas
Daylilies
Wild passionflowers (I'm saddest about these. They even found one I
had put in a gardening pot and pulled it out of the pot. They got every
single shoot)

Heavily munched:
Red-twig dogwood
Regular dogwoods