Old 27-05-2003, 03:20 PM
BRN

Default "Dormant" garden area

Hi,

We have about a 100' x 100' vegetable garden area that we will not be able
to plant for the next 1 or 2 years. It's a bigger area than we garden
because we had to cut the pace out in the woods.

Anyway, as I said, various other obligations have arisen that will prevent
us from using this garden. I would like to do something that is relatively
low on maintenance that will prevent the area from getting overgrown with
weeds and returning back to the forest. I was thinking of some heavy duty,
very large sheets of black plastic, but I am not sure where to get such
large sheets. Also though of planting with a cover plant of some type
(clover?) that might enrich the soil. Would prefer not to routinely spray
with something like Round-up, but if that's the best solution, then I might
be persuaded.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Bart