Old 27-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Rick McGreal

Default Garden clearance question

(Martin G Bridges) wrote in
m:

The first bit isn't a problem. The local council will provide bages to
dispose of plant waste. However, they have stated that they won't take
soil or building materials.

Typical!

I have a friend who can provide me tools to break up the edging. My
only problem is how to dispose of the concrete and soil. I've trawled
DIY shops for clues but with no success. Any ideas? The volume of soil
is not huge - the bed is about 10 feet x 2 feet max.

Well.....Depending on the area....
But our local refuse center has a huge bin that is ONLY for concrete and
another for bricks....

As to the soil.....Ask about....Maybe one of your neighbours could use it?
They may even take it away themselves....