Old 27-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Moss rose, anyone have one in their yard?

In article 6b8cb371ccade9b03643c3d4ad30e7b8@TeraNews,
says...

Downy?? I've never seen that here.
This is the first year I've seen some powdery
and it was only on The Fairy.

Sorry, I meant powdery - my vocabulary seems to shrink as I age :-).

I'm very curious. Where in Zone 5
did you grow it. Was it grafted?

Spokane, WA. I got it from Roses of Yesterday and Today.

I do grow salet and it is a nice 4' shrub
for me and an absolute bloom machine.

Like I said, a very pretty rose.

I planted it as a tiny own root last
september and it did just fine w/ our
-18f winter.

Perhaps the difference is cover. We often have dry winters with no snow
cover and while -18 is unusual it has exceeded that. Sometimes with high
winds. And I don't cover any of my roses - it's sink or swim.

Maybe that's why I like rugosas :-).

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic