Old 27-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Steve

Default Too many fish

"Tbumpy" wrote in message
We have a large pond (about 3500 gallons) and it's just full of goldfish.

We
were able to catch some last year and give them away, but this year they

have
gotten smarter. We could easily give away 100 fish and still have plenty.

The
problem is catching them. Does anyone know of a way other than netting

them
since the pond is so large and the fish are so fast?

Minnow traps are available, or you can make one. They have an outside
cylinder and two funnel shaped ends. They are made out of mesh. The fish
swim into the cones to the bait, and can't get out. Sold in many sporting
goods stores. Reasonable.

--
Steve

~*~ Illegitimi Non Carborundum ~*~

To e mail me, drop one of the "t" s in my e mail address