Old 27-05-2003, 11:44 PM
profpam

Default blind sheaths

Diane,

Blind sheaths seem to appear to a greater degree in cattleya types and
when the orchid is attempting to get ready to bloom for the first time.
If the plant is not well-established or immature you might not want it
to bloom until the following year so that it produces leaves instead of
flowers.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System
http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

Diane Mancino wrote:

I posted a picture of a growth on a onciduim that I think is a blind
shealth , at alt.binaries.pictures.orchids. I can't find any other pictures
of a blind sheath so this is an assumpsion.

If it is, should I just cut it off or let it die on its own. who else had
this happen to their orchid- not much info about it

--
Diane