Old 28-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Clay

Default New deep water well

I use a submersible pump that is 300 feet underground and it does a good
job. I don't know what kind of brands you have there, but they don't seem to
much difference in them. Be sure to use a BRASS fitting in the end of the
pump as it will rust a hole in it with regulat galvinized fittings. I have a
1.5 horsepower but you could use a 1 hp in yours I think.

"M Osborne" wrote in message
I am building a house in a semi-rural area, and wonder what type of well
pump to get. I hear about constant pressure systems that are fairly new
technology and wonder how much better they are then the traditional pump
that has a variable pressure rate?

On items like this that could last 20+ years, I tend to be conservative
and go for proven / trusted technology.

Just curious what your experiences have been.

Is there anything else I should specify with the well before it is dug?
My water survey says that an aquafer is approximately 220ft below the
surface.

Thanks,
Mike

---