Old 28-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Carolyn LeCrone

Default Yo! math wiz help, please!

How can you have mg per liter, when mg is weight and l is volume?
Carolyn
"Matt Rosing" wrote in message
Well, sort of. ppm stands for parts per million. There are a million
milligrams of water in 1 liter (=1000 grams at standard blah blah blah).
But going from dry units to liquid isn't the same. I did a search on
cloram-x and found something that said 5 lbs treats 18,794 gallons (or
about 1/4 lb / 1000 gallons). Maybe that helps?

Lee Brouillet wrote:

Somewhere in the back of my foggy ol' brain, I seem to remember that

"ppm"
was the same as "mg/l". Yes? No? I need to convert the doseage for dry
ChlorAm-X into something I understand a little better . . .

Lee