Old 28-05-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Pump suggestions

Steve,

There are at least that many pumps and you really need to decide what you
want before shopping for a pump. The submersible pumps are the easiest to
plumb, but are generally limited in the amount of water that can be pumped.
For larger pumps, the external pumps give more choices. If the waterfall is
not as high as Niagara, then the high volume/low power pumps are best from
the standpoint of energy consumed. For internal pumps, I think the best is
the Supreme Mag Drive pumps, though there are some others that are similar.
For external high flow/low power pumps, Sequence pumps are hard to beat,
though there are several that have come on the market that have similar
performance.
--
RichToyBox

"Steve" wrote in message
I am starting to shop pumps. I want a large pond/waterfall with a natural
filtration system. I am noticing that there are 10 to the 23rd power

brands
and styles of pumps. What is a good brand, and what are the pros and cons
of submersible versus non-submersible types.

Just getting started, so bear with me.

Steve