Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Steve

Default Pump suggestions

I am starting to shop pumps. I want a large pond/waterfall with a natural
filtration system. I am noticing that there are 10 to the 23rd power brands
and styles of pumps. What is a good brand, and what are the pros and cons
of submersible versus non-submersible types.

Just getting started, so bear with me.

Steve

Old 28-05-2003, 02:32 AM
RichToyBox

Steve,

There are at least that many pumps and you really need to decide what you
want before shopping for a pump. The submersible pumps are the easiest to
plumb, but are generally limited in the amount of water that can be pumped.
For larger pumps, the external pumps give more choices. If the waterfall is
not as high as Niagara, then the high volume/low power pumps are best from
the standpoint of energy consumed. For internal pumps, I think the best is
the Supreme Mag Drive pumps, though there are some others that are similar.
For external high flow/low power pumps, Sequence pumps are hard to beat,
though there are several that have come on the market that have similar
performance.
--
RichToyBox

Old 28-05-2003, 03:57 AM
Michael Shaffer

I bought a Mag-Drive #36 but if I had to do it again I would of gotten a
Sequence pump since I just found out they use the same amount of
electricity and pump more water for a waterfall.

Old 28-05-2003, 06:08 AM
Doug

If you are want to do the plumbing,I would go with a Sequence.They have 2003
models which are more powerful.The new 3600 can be controlled by ball valve
on outflow.You can get 600 GPH to 3600 GPH.The old 3600 was 2000 GPH.I just
bought one Saturday.I hooked it up today to my bottom drain.It pumps!!!!!
Runs on 141 watts.

Enjoy building your pond