Old 28-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Scopata Fuori

Default Botrytis, Mancozeb

Tell me, how do you know it is safe to mix Mancozeb with everything else?
Can I mix it with my Orthenex to try to wipe out existing bs? (Missed a
spray date.) I have Manzate too.

I don't know about Orthenex, but I have read the labels and by the
information I've read, it can be mixed with a lot of theings. Some labels
specify not to mix them with anything else, and those I do spray first,
without anything else.

The Rosemania site specifically mentiones adding Mancozeb to Banner Maxx, s
do severla of the local rose society webpages. And it's worked for me!
Banner Maxx is a systemic, whereas Mancozeb is a "contact" killer.

Manzate is the powdered form of Mancozeb, I believe. The active ingrediant
is called Zyban. It is sold under many trade names, such as Dithane,
Dithane-Ultra, Fore, Green-Daisen M, Karamate, Mancofol, Mancozeb, Mancozin,
Manzate 200, Manzeb, Manzin Nemispor, Nemispot, Policar, Riozeb, and
Zimaneb. Although it smells positively hideous, Mancozeb is a "practically
nontoxic ethylene bisdithiocarbamate in EPA toxicity class IV - practically
nontoxic. It is registered as a General Use Pesticide (GUP)." It is also
specifically listed by the EPA as not being toxic to honeybees, in
particular.

I don't use a lot of insecticides, as I try to let nature kep things in
balance. I did add the first round of Cygon 2E this time, as aphids are
completely swarming some of my plants. I was using Sevin dust on the mini
climbers and Cl. White Dawn, but I don't think it was sticking where it
needed to stick, to get rid of the aphids. I toss in some foliar feeding,
while I'm at it, so I don't have to do it separately.

I think I do have some Orthenex left, and this week, while I'm on vacation
(from work!) I'll look at the label, to see what it says about mixing. I
know some of them do specify that they should not be combined. Always read
the label first!

Scopata Fuori

"Bad Cat!"