Old 28-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Bob

Default Water pressure for hose

"groggey" wrote in message
news:sX3Aa.730299$Zo.155405@sccrnsc03...
I have two outdoor water faucet and both of them have poor water pressure.
I get nearly 1/4 of the square area a sprinkler says it can sprinkle.

Also
the copper pipe leading to the faucets are 1/2 inch. Since the hose is

5/8"
does this have anything to do with it? If I went we a 1/2 hose with that
solve the problem? Is there any way of increasing the water pressure?

Can
I buy a pump somewhere that I can hook to the hose end to increase the

water
pressure?

The hose is not the problem (unless it is too long), although a larger
diameter hose might help some. Try using a faucet that is as close to where
the water comes in as possible. If the water comes in the front of the
house, and you use a faucet at the back, your pipes could be limiting flow.

Where I live, you can get an idea of the local water pressure by the color
of the fire hydrants. Green is good high pressure (mine is 70 PSI), yellow
is lower, and red hydrants indicate low water pressure.

Does using one water source drastically reduce the pressure at any other in
your house? That would suggest that the piping is limiting flow. If not, you
likely have low pressure delivered to your house. There are "booster" pumps
that could help, if the necessary water volume is available.

Bob