Old 28-05-2003, 10:56 AM
A.Malhotra

Default Living screen??

Ron wrote:

Shan,

It sounds like the oil tank is yours so I'm assuming it is.

With a howling north wind and concerns about undermining the tank with tree
roots etc. it is difficult to think of an evergreen screen tall enough to
obscure the sight of the tank.

However, if it cannot be screened, have you thought of hiding it?

Hide it under some plant which scrambles all over it.

I suggest you cover the tank with some durable and strong plastic netting (I
can enviseage using some polypropylene fishing net) then plant and train
some creeping plants to cover it.

If you did this, I suspect that the company that supplies the oil would
soon have letters on their way to you threatening to cut off your oil
deliveries unless you removed the fire hazard. Although we have gas not
oil, I think the restrictions are the same. You are not allowed to plant
anything within 1 m of the tank (the last letter we had from our company
said 3 m but I'm not taking that seriously). Planting something that
actually touches the tank would be a big no-no.
Anita