Old 28-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Frogleg

Default garden edges

On Wed, 28 May 2003 00:32:15 GMT, "Good Golly"
wrote:

I am looking for something to create a nice edge, both around
the many flower beds and along the driveway. I'm don't thing I am
ready to buy and big electric machine--but may consider
something like the two I have copied from TV shopping
shows. I've never bought from them--so two firsts!
$21.95
1. Edge Ripper Heavy Duty Lawn Edger-
$9.95
2. Improvements 43" Rolling Lawn Edger --Measures approx. 43"L
Cutting wheel measures approx. 6" diameter

I have a Bigfoot (apparently no longer manufactured/sold) tool that's
a sort of foot-shaped board on a handle with about a 10" x 4" blade
projecting from the bottom., and it's *terrific*. No noise, no fuel,
and very little effort. The edge-ripper looked very similar in
concept. You just position it, step on it, and Bigfoot cuts through
sod, roots and dirt for a very clean edge. Couldn't find a photo of
the Rolling Lawn Edger, but I had something that sounds similar, and I
was all purple in the face after ramming it through about 18" of
sidewalk edge.