Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Druss

Default Cat deterrents

"Bob Robertson" wrote in message
Help, I have just moved into a new house and have found that the garden is
being used by the local cat population as a toilet, nothing I do stops

them.
I am looking for an animal friendly method of keeping them out of the
garden.
I have heard of the electronic devices but I do not want to spend all that
money and find out is useless, so a tried and tested method or piece of
equipment would be appreciated that I can get in the UK.
Thanks Bob

I have just erected an 18" high 1.5" mesh wire netting around my raised
veggie beds, keeps the cats away since it move in a funny way they don't
dare try to jump over it. Makes working the beds slightly more awkward, but
does a grand job.
Of course it's not terribly practical around flowerbeds, but you can use the
green or brown stiff plastic mesh on the ground they cannot scratch and thus
tend to go elsewhere.
Duncan