Old 28-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Yo! math wiz help, please!

OK, I'm math impaired, so don't confuse me . . . I think it goes something
like this: you use X grams (or ounces) for each mg/liter of ammonia. My
test kits read ppm, not mg/liter. So, if my incoming water has 1 ppm
ammonia in it (chloramines in the water supply), do I treat the ppm as
mg/liter and add the ChlorAm-X accordingly?

FYG, the patent on AmQuel has expired, so the "recipe" is open . . .
ChlorAm-X is Amquel's formula, but about half the cost. Unfortunately, their
doseage info needs some work . . . it's a good thing you can't overdose the
stuff!

Lee

"Lee Brouillet" wrote in message
Somewhere in the back of my foggy ol' brain, I seem to remember that "ppm"
was the same as "mg/l". Yes? No? I need to convert the doseage for dry
ChlorAm-X into something I understand a little better . . .

Lee

--
Lee B.
See my Zone 9 a/b ponds at: