Old 29-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Dwayne

Default cauliflower question

I bought a self blanching variety last year, and guess what. It didn't
work. I had to tie the leaves myself (I used rubber bands - more than once
because they broke after a few days of sun). They came out pretty well, but
I am still no expert. Have fun. Dwayne

"Barbara Beardsley" wrote in message
Hi
This is my first time growing cauliflower- when I was a kid, I seem to
remember my mother tying up the leaves around the head to keep it "white",

read this is not necessary with some of the new varieties. The kind I

bought
is Brassica oleracea, it says the wrapper leaves provide coverage but do

not
envelope the entire head, allowing for good air circulation. So, do I tie
the leaves or not?
Thanks

Barbara NY zone 7