Old 09-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Larry Caldwell

Default Ecological Footprint Quiz

In article ,
writes:

Wish the government would start issuing tree farmers and foresters (I
mean people who actually are growing trees here vs. those only cutting
trees) some legal credits for our efforts, instead of just trying to
tax us more...

??? I have my land in timber deferral and will keep it there as an
option. My property taxes on 93 acres are only a few bucks a year. The
IRS will allow you to deduct silviculture expenses for year after year
without showing a profit, and I can't even remember all the tax credits
and subsidies I discovered when I started researching the matter.

Raising timber starts to pay off when you put the first seedling in the
ground.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc