Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
John Rutz

Default Filter Design 101 Question

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
AngrieWoman wrote:

Thanks to all of you who post pictures - you've helped me immensely
already.

I'm trying to design a little veggie filter for my little pond. It
seems to
me that I will need to pump the water into the bottom then have it
flow from
a fitting near the top in order to get it to filter through the media.

Is that right? I've looked at several sets of plans but they all look
to me
like they have the water coming in the top and flowing out the bottom. It
seems like that would make it hard to keep the tub filled with an
amount of
water suitable for the plants.

My veggie filter fills from one end then the water flows though the
plants and out the other end. I thought this
was standard for veggie filters.

--

when i had mine they filed from the bottom and flowed out an outlet at
the top ( the downflow didnt work for me ) there are some examples of

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com