Old 29-05-2003, 05:23 AM
Harry Muscle

Default Substrate Experences

"Donovan Niewoehner" wrote in message
news:wh7Aa.36484$%42.24122@fed1read06...
I'm setting up a 30 gallon planted tank and have been unable to find a
local supply of Flourite, after doing some internet searches I've found

that
profile is a good (and inexpensive) alternative, has anybody here had
personal experence with this product? I was just wondering if it had any
negative properties I should be aware of (light weight, ugly color, ect).

would probably buy a 20lb bag of it and mix the rest with standard

aquarium
gravel. I plan on growing pretty standard easy to care for plants,

(swords,
java moss/fern, apon. lillies, crypts and anublias)
If anybody has any suggestions for other alternative substrates, feel
free to share your experence.
Also, I'm going to be using a HOT power filter, should I invest in a
device to circulate water around the tank (I think it's called a

powerhead)?

thanks for any input
--donovan

--
As Nietsche famously said, "If you stare too long into the Abyss, 1d4
Tanar'ri of random type will attack you."

The only downside that I've heard of about profile is that it's lighter than
flourite therefore more likely to get blown around when ever one does
something in the tank. How light, I'm not sure, since I don't use it as of
yet, but I'm thinking about it.

Harry