Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Simon Avery

Default Tractor Lawnmower _ Husqvarna any thoughts?

"i'll get my coat" wrote:

Hello i'll

Funny, just had this thread in uk.d-i-y - pop over there for more
info.

ilgmc Finally going to bite the buller and purchase a garden
ilgmc tractor but which one? I have been offered a one season old
ilgmc one for £1500 negotiable. It is a Husqvarna CTH135. Has
ilgmc anyone any personal experience of this brand as far
ilgmc as tractor lawnmowers go? Or any other information on what
ilgmc to buy and what to avoid? I have about an acre to acre and a
ilgmc half to cut 75% lawn the rest longer grass just to be kept
ilgmc tidy. TIA

I have the Husqy LT120. 900ukp + VAT (~1100) two months ago from Mole
Valley Farmer brand new. A perfectly adequate mower for up to 3 or 4
acres, Ok collection, well built. Very happy with it.

Prices vary HUGELY. Markup is widely variable and dealers follow the
car method of salesmanship (ie, weigh your wallet on entering then
price accordingly). MVF is the cheapest place I could find. Next
cheapest, for an equivalent non-Husqy make was 1700, and that was
after haggling for a hundred quid off for self collection.

I don't know the CTH135 so can't tell you if it's good value, but
there are cheaper NEW (with guarantee) ride-ons available.

Google is a good friend when comparing models and there seem to be
reasonable online shops once you've picked a model. (Not used so can't
recommend)