Old 29-05-2003, 05:24 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Water Butts, and manual pumps..

In article 1fvoszr.1ktjf4imlq6bkN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net,
Jim W wrote:

Tssss! I'd agree with what you said.. I hope their woodburning stoves
aren't like they're pumps.. I know someone who's thinking of buying
one. Personally I'd be on to trading standards about this.. Its either
fit for the use for which it was sold or it isn't. You can't have it one
way in the cat. and another in the shop.

The criteria for 'fit for use' are pretty weak, but that does sound
extreme.

If you still want a manual pump why not consult somewhere like the CAT?
http://www.cat.org.uk/ That sort of thing is just up their street
come to think of it.

I would recommend chasing along to a chandlers (of the small boat and
yacht variety). A bilge pump should do the job.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.