Old 29-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Justin Burnett

Default Attaching a hosepipe to a tap without it leaking

"Andy Coleman" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have an outside tap which is just inside a cupboard accessable from
the side of my house. The tap is the standard type that you would
normaly have on the outside of a house.

I would like to attach a hosepipe to it but when I attach the pipe
using the fitting I currently have on the end of the pipe water is
leaking from the fitting. The fitting is a hozelock one that has a
metal screw that is used to tighten the metal band around the rubber
connection.

This would not necessarily be a problem except that the electricity
meter and fuse box is located directly opposite the tap and is in
reach of the spurting water.

Is there a connector that I can get for the end of the pipe that is
guaranteed not to leek or should I just get the tap relocated to
outside the house.

Thanks
Andy

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. The fittings that connect to a ribbed tap
are better, but in my experience they still drip. I doubt there is an
electrician in the country that would be happy with your current setup. If
it were me I would move the tap. It is surely more convenient placed outside
anyway.

Jus