Old 29-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Diane Mancino

Default help needed

I am in the northern US, and feel the conditions to be similar to my flat in
Northern Germany. Cool and cloudy most of the year and always comfortable in
a sweater.

On the windowsill here, I can get blooms on my Paphs and Phal, but the paph
seedling had no growth till I moved it under the florescent lights were
there was warmer, but the similar moderate light. I don't think location is
the answer

If a typical European home you usually keep your home cooler than we do in
the US at 65-70 F, maybe not warm enough, but everything else your growing
would need similar conditions- maybe too much light?

What medium and pots do you have your paphs and phal in.?

Diane

"Geir Harris Hedemark" wrote in message
"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." writes:
I dont know why but all the roots of my phal. dry up, and very few new

grow
back.
My paph's just stop growing and start loosing therre leaves one by one.

Same thing happens to me here in Norway.

I think the consensus in the group landed on my climate being too cold
and dry to keep these plants.

Geir