Old 29-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Don

Default Heron alert!

Sallie the bulldog he

We had ducks, we had toads, now we have a heron! We are used to seeing
blackhawks and F-16s fly over because we are so close to DC. But never have
we seen a huge heron.

My human was not letting me out to guard the pond because I like rolling in
the mud. What's his problem? Mud is deliciously cool and tasty...but I
digress.

The heron scared the fish worse than I do. I don't know if any are missing
but the pond is 3' deep and steep. Even I am afraid to go in it. Haven't
seen the heron since it visited on Memorial Day. (Spooky, see other posts).

Now my human finally will let me do my job and protect my backyard against
mowing neighbors, floating balloons and that heinous heron!