Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Tracy McDaniel

Default where do you use bone meal?

p u.
that stuff stinks.
My aunt told me it was "wonderful" and she uses it all the times (she has no
yard pets)...
apparently it will drive dogs mad.

Is this for acid loving soil or alkaline?

If you use it, please tell me where and why.

If you do not, please tell me why not?

I bought a bag and now don't know if I should spread it around my hostas,
lilies or ornamental fruit trees. Do evergreen shrubs (such as holly) like
it?

This leads me to another set of questions.
If yards (turf grass) need lime and azeleas and rhodo's need acid, what
happens to the grass around the azeleas when one applies mir-acid to shrubs?
Also, what is advantage of holly-tone over mir-acid?

Am I better off just driving to a local farm and picking up some dried
"natural cow fertilizer"? I see the disadvantage of this in receiving weeds
and corn seeds in my garden...then I'm back to using commercial weed-killer
such as Spectricide or Preen.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Tracy