Old 29-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Wendy

Default help needed

Hello Peter from Belgium & welcome to our group. I too have trouble growing
paphs & phals??
I grow my orchids in a greenhouse & have done so for 9 years.
They just don't do well for me at all & don't know why either?
I have about 30 paphs & only one in bloom right now, no spikes & have killed
many!!!
Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. *g*
Cheers Wendy
"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
.be...
Hallo
My name is Peter and I have been growing orchids for about 3 years now.
However I have a problem with Paph's. For some reason they al die within 6
months. At the moment i have 3 left, one of them has a 6 month garantee

and
it looks like I will need it.
I can keep vanda's, cattleya's, dendrobiums, miltonia, oncidium, gongora,
stanhopea...
Just my paph's and also my phalaenopsis dont seem to like me.
I dont know why but all the roots of my phal. dry up, and very few new

grow
back.
My paph's just stop growing and start loosing therre leaves one by one.

I consider this problem a challenge and will keep on trying to grow these
pikheaded plants. There is just one more problem. the Paph's are getting
more and more expensive. As a child ten years ago my mother bought them

for
about $5 a piece now those same plants cost 5 somtimes even 10 times as
much.

So if anyone knows where I can get a few cheap ones to experement with it
would be very helpfull.
I would be gratefull for any advice or Idea's.

Peter From Belgium