Old 29-05-2003, 09:44 PM
AngrieWoman

Default Filter Design 101 Question

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message

My main pond is nearly 2500 gallons or so...rough estimate. My VF is about
500 or so, or at least it will be when I am done with it. I need to redig

few areas. I tossed together a quick diagram and posted it,
http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/links...pond_diag.gif. My apologies

for
the kindergarten look...I am at work and have only MS Paint to work with,

so
the graphic is lame. I think it explains my setup though.

You drew that just for me? Thanks a zillion! I see exactly how it works.

Bottom drain, eh? Actually, that's probably what I need. That will probably
be next years fix though.

I went with this plan because I wanted a bottom drain. I don't want to

have
to clean a 4' deep pond every year. I am hoping the muck gets pulled into
the VF. I don't mind cleaning that out. Right now I am getting a lot of
sediment in the VF. I have no idea how the main pond is because I have a
clay problem that prevents me from seeing more then a foot down.

Hope this helps.

BV.