Old 29-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Sasha

Default Grape Flowers

On Wed, 28 May 2003 19:07:57 -0400, montana
wrote:

A little while back, I posted about our grape vines, which never got any
grapes. I had generally cut the grape vines back in the fall and
obviously didn't leave enough old wood on the plants.

Before the plants started to leaf, I cut most of the branches back
except for the larger ones, and now I have vines that have bunches of
flowers! More flowers I have ever seen on them in the past three years.

I guess I have to keep an eye out for potential pollinators or get busy
with a paintbrush when the flowers open up!

Mine are doing the same thing, with no help from me at all. The last
two years here in South Carolina have been worth nothing but a handful
here and there, but with the look of all the little flower bunches, I
think what we may have is a stellar grape year coming up!

Casey