Old 29-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Poncirus compost mix?

In article 1fvqoyf.15tnz5gxkldyzN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net,
Jim W wrote:

I have a couple of 'hardy citrus', a Poncirus trifoliata and,...... the
other one..!

Can anyone recommend a suitable compost mixture for them.. One site I
looked at used 1 pt soil, 1 part mushroom compost and one part perlite.
I got the impression citrus types liked a bit acidic?

They do. That mixture would be fine for some soils, but not others.
What sort of soil do you have?

Generally, they are happy with any non-alkaline (i.e. neutral to
acid), free-draining but not cactus-worthy compost.

Mine have survived but are not looking very happy;-( They are in
smallish pots (they are less than a foot high each, in a southerly
position (full sun))

Depending on how well the compost in the pots drains, they may not
have liked all the rain.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.