Old 30-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Frankhartx

Default eggplant & zuccini

rom: "Larry"

I have zucchini with a problem, of three plants only one seems to
try to fruit and when it does the squash only grow to about 3 inches then
turn yellow and start to rot, what do I need to do for these guys?

Squash is bisexual bearing seperate male and female flowers. If the female
blossom is not pollinated properly it will abort. Usually the bees take care
of the pollination but if they do not then its up to you. Take a small artists
brush and transfer the ripe pollen to the female or pick off a ripe male and
smoosh it on the female flower.