Old 30-05-2003, 03:44 AM
zookeeper

Default Heron alert!

Don wrote:
Sallie the bulldog he

We had ducks, we had toads, now we have a heron! ...

My human was not letting me out to guard the pond because I like rolling in
the mud. What's his problem? Mud is deliciously cool and tasty...but I
digress.

The heron scared the fish worse than I do. I don't know if any are missing
but the pond is 3' deep and steep ...

Now my human finally will let me do my job and protect my backyard against
mowing neighbors, floating balloons and that heinous heron!

Masud here, reporting for Nila and our sun-worshiping brigade in Oregon:
We saw a "huge" heron in early spring; it was checking out OUR pond from
the neighbor's house and greenhouse roofs. Mom made lots of noise with a
cooking pan and lid, and we barked until we scared that bird away. It
didn't come back -- too bad, we wanted to catch it and play. Mom is
keeping the fall leaf catching net over the deep section of the pond to
give OUR koi a secure place to hide. We told her it was a good idea.

Nila has been busy sun-bathing and catching flies and bees still. Mom
just shakes her head, except when Nila breaks off rhododendron blossoms.
Baaaaadddd Nila snicker.

And what's wrong with rolling in the mud? We like to eat mud from time
to time -- good for our digestion, we've heard.

Keep an eye out for those large birds.
--
zookeeper's canine crew
Masud and Nila, pharaoh hounds