Old 30-05-2003, 03:44 PM
C.L. Lassiter

Default Xmas cactus blooming

Dennis Brown wrote:
Can you believe it is the end of May and our Christmas cactus is blooming
with more buds coming on it each day? Can anyone tell us why this is
happening... we don't mind but are very curious about it.

Same thing happened with my Thanksgiving cactus. 2 complete
blooms--1 its regular time, 1 in April into May. I'm unsure why, but I
did cross the plants (different colors), harvested the seeds, and grew
them. I was hoping that maybe something in the genetics was causing a 2
bloom cycle, but now I guess maybe not since a couple of others are having
similar experiences.

cl