Old 30-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Jeff Hancock

Default West Nile Virus and mosquitoes.

Just remember that Bt used in the "dunks" also effects butterflies and
dragonflies, so keep that in mind if you're gardening to attract these
beneficial insects!

"animaux" wrote in message
No. It will not diminish anything. Taking care to remove any standing

water
in tires, bags, tops of garbage cans, jars, cans, etc. will not provide a

place
to lay eggs. In our pond we use mosquito dunks for what the goldfish

don't
eat. Mosquitoes need to have the pesticide hit them, make contact, to

work.
Our city doesn't spray and won't spray. They hand out with the water bill

the
many ways to eliminate possible breeding grounds.