Old 30-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Preparation for collecting

In a message dated 5/30/2003 3:28:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I have a year old seedling in my garden that I'm going to dig up when the
trunk is a bit thicker. I figure it's a good time to start it off as a
specimen? What I plan to do is cut it down from 3.5 feet, but I'm not too
sure of how much to cut off. Do I cut it to the first small branch or do I
leave a few? Or do I pick one that I like, which would leave it at about a
foot tall?

If I missed something I apologize, but this questions requires knowledge of:
1. where in general you live.
2. the species of tree.
3. general growing conditions, watering, soil, light.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++