Old 30-05-2003, 04:44 PM
K Barrett

Default Paph vietnamense taxonomy

Well its a paph! *Of course* the tiniest difference is cause to make a whole
new species. 'Oooh look! This one has 47 hairs along the margin of the petal
instead of 46!! It *must* be a new species!! I think I'll name it
kbarrettii!'

But seriously I'll look in OrchidDigest's mag supplement and see what
Koopowitz says.

BRB,

K Barrett

"Al" wrote in message
news
I have only seen pictures of this flower and not too many of these. From
these pictures I think it looks like a larger and pinker delenatii and I
was
wondering what is it about these plants that make them a Paph vietnamense.
Can somebody point me to a key of the Parvisepalum species that shows me
where this species fits in relation to the others? Does the native

location
of the two species (delenatii and vietnamense) overlap or do they grow in
distinct areas?