Old 30-05-2003, 06:08 PM
audrey

Default beginner gardener needs your advice

Hi,

I have a couple of questions and hope that you experts out there can
help me with them:

1) I have 8 azaleas, each about 1' high x 1' wide. They look very
sparse. Four of them didn't even bloom. The four that bloomed didn't
have a lot of flowers. What can I do to improve foliage and flowers
for next year? Also, will they bloom again this year or do they bloom
only once a year? Do I need to deadhead them? How do I do that? Cut
off the petals and the little antennas (not sure what they are
called)? I'm in zone 6/7.

2) I also have some Happy Returns Daylilies. Do I need to deadhead
them also? Do I deadhead all plants or just certain ones? How can I
know?

3) I also have some yellow Asiatic lilies. I bought them from Home
Depot. They are sold under the "perennial" section but have no label
to the specific cultivar. I didn't know that they are bulbous. Does
it mean that I need to dig them up and store them some where during
the winter months and replant them during the spring?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Audrey