Old 30-05-2003, 08:34 PM

Default koi teeth (was SNAILS?)

OK.. Jo Ann says she thinks they grow continuously cause she's had 2 where the teeth
werent ground down well enough and it started to make the gills flare. Ingrid

wrote:

so I really wonder what part did that guy recover. do they grow and break off/fall
off like sharks or what. Ingrid

zookeeper wrote:

zookeeper wrote:
I knew that koi had pharyngeal teeth, but didn't know what they might
look like, or exactly where they are located. So I googled, and found
these pages:

And here's a page showing x-ray images of pharyngeal jaw structures in
surfperch. (Okay, I'll stop now -- fascinating stuff, though).
http://darwin.bio.uci.edu/~edrucker/home/feeding.htm