Old 30-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Adrian Jones

Default North Wales Wildflower

Yes, that's it! Thanks, Rod. I'm pleased to see that it produces flowers
throughout the summer as it's such a nice plant and it contrasts well with a
purple lavender.

Thanks again.

"Rod" wrote in message

"Adrian Jones" wrote in message

I went to North Wales yesterday and saw a lovely pink wildflower growing
near the sea. It was tall, bright pink, a bit like a verbena

bonariensis,
but pinker and not as flat, the leaves are quite thick and fleshy. Can
anyone tell me the name of this plant? Thanks

Red Valerian - Centranthus ruber naturalised on all the walls etc around

N. Wales and Anglesey coast.

http://www.floracam.co.uk/wildflowers/flowers/33.html

Not a great photo but it should confirm it for you.

Rod