Old 30-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Lisa

Default Need to Order Bottom Drain TODAY (maybe valves) - But Which Type?

Great. I've decided to get a 4" bottom drain & run 4" pipe from it
under the liner. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should put a gate
valve BEFORE the skimmer line comes in or after they merge - at the
filter box.

I can close the door to the skimmer to turn that off, but if I want
the skimmer running ONLY - I wouldn't be able to do that if the valve
is at the filter box.

Scratching head here.

Lisa I had all of the same fears, but went with the under liner install. The
pipe is hidden which is nice, and getting the bottom level was actually very
easy. As for the hole in the liner...I used a Beckal Boot, but my pipe clamp
did not fit, so right now I have a bottom drain with no clamp...no leaks.
Amazing.

BV.